Give it up for Tia-Clair Toomey and Mathew Fraser, they were crowned Fittest on Earth for CrossFit Games 2019. (Stats from here)
Here's the top 3 for 2019 (GOAT):
- Mathew Fraser | Tia-Clair Toomey | CrossFit Mayhem
- Noah Ohlsen | Kristin Holte | CrossFit Krypton
- Bjorgvin Karl Gudmundsson | Jamie Greene | Invictus
I would like to call out that Heppner should have got the best sportsmanship prize if something like that exists!
Matt equals Froning's record with this win. A few more stats for his achievements are:
- Six straight podium finishes, never placing lower than 2nd.
- The only athlete to win three straight.
- Most Games event wins of any male with 15 and second to Annie Thorisdottir with 16.
- Most event wins in a single Games with six.
Toomey, the olympian and commonwealth gold medalist, is arguably the greatest female CrossFitter.
Some impressive stats under her belt:
- Three straight Games championships.
- Five straight podium finishes, never placing below 2nd.
- Won with the largest margin of victory of any athlete man or woman.
- Toomey is now tied for fourth for most Games event wins of all time with 11.
- She is tied with Kris Clever for the most event wins in a single CrossFit Games with five.
CrossFit Mayhem is now the only team in the history of the Games to lead from start to finish.
For a roundup see TeamRichey's video below: